Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Faux Pokemon Trading Card (Photoshop Class)

In order to advance my Adobe Photoshop skills (and because it was a requirement for all graphic design students) I took an entry level Photoshop class. The professor was a bit of a kook but a really nice guy and extremely talented when it came to working with Adobe Photoshop. He had been a computer artist for over twenty years. He had an infatuation with Pokemon playing cards and for one of our final projects, he had the class create their own playing cards. This was extremely time consuming but upon completion, very rewarding since I knew very little and turned out such a good product. My card was voted in the top three in the class. The above picture is the finished product. I had painstakingly hand drawn the picture in a sketch book (not realizing the full power of Adobe Photoshop) and then scanned it into the computer. All of the color and touch-ups were done using Adobe Photoshop CS2. The moon in the background is an actual picture of the moon that I used curves and color filters to create and place behind the main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment