Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

My First Work to Ever Go to Print (Seen All Over DFW)

While I was a graphics intern with the Texas Rangers Baseball Club (yes that's a Dallas Stars postcard, Tom Hicks owned both teams at the time), I learned many things about what it is to be a graphic designer. One of which is the editing and revision process. What you think is the best work you've created or the best solution for the concept of the project, someone else may have other ideas and the final product may not be ultimately up to you. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but it can get frustrating if you have to make change after change, however, this is part of the job. The above was the final product (not my favorite of the six designs I had made) that was mailed out all across the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex to inform Dallas Stars fans of this promotion for that specific game. The black and green backgrounds seen were actually pieces of paper I had ripped and scanned into the computer and enhanced with Photoshop. I used photos of ice for the right side of the (top) card and messed with different texture ideas to place over the left (second card) side of the card. The third and fourth picture is one of the many ideas for the card I submitted for the final product. I personally liked the first and fourth pics for the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment